One of the most enjoyable ways to consume cannabis is in form of hemp cbd gummies. This is because they are easy to make and offer sweet bit-sized cannabis for you. People are also prompted to make their own CBD gummies because these delicacies are not exactly legal in some jurisdictions.
In the sections below, you will learn how to make the gummies, but with a little THC.
How to Make Cannabis Oil
To make CBD gummies, you first need to prepare cannabis oil. It is a key ingredient for your CBD gummies recipe.
Step 1: Decarboxylate your Cannabis
After getting some weed, it is time to decarboxylate it. Decarboxylation is the process of activating compounds in cannabis so that you can turn THCA into THC, which brings a high feeling. To decarboxylate, grind some weed, put it in a foil, and place it in an oven for 30-45 minutes using 105-120°C heat.
Step 2: Mix It With Coconut Oil
Now heat a cup of coconut oil to about 60°C and let the mixture simmer for about three hours. Make sure to stir the mixture frequently.
Alternatively, you can use a double boiler. This is how to do it;
- Put water in the pan
- Add coconut oil
- Add your cannabis
- Heat for three hours using 60°C heat
When you are done heating, for either method, remove the plant matter from the mixture by straining and then bottle your cannabis oil.
Preparing CBD Gummies
Now that your cannabis oil is ready, it’s time to make some CBD gummies. The first thing that you will be doing is emulsify your coconut oil so that it can easily mix with water and the other ingredients that you will be using.
Good emulsifiers include sunflower lecithin and soy. Alternatively, you can emulsify your mixture using a blender with high RPMs. When agitated at very high speeds, all the components emulsify to create a homogenous mixture.
Alternative Method to Make CBD Gummies
If you live in a jurisdiction where cannabis infusion is legal, you do not have to prepare your own cannabis. It is advisable that you buy cannabis infusion and then go ahead to prepare your gummies. Here is the recipe for making CBD gummies with cannabis infusion.
- ½ cup of coconut oil (cannabis-infused)
- ½ cup of cold water
- A packet of flavored gelatin
- 2 spoons of unflavoured gelatin
- ½ spoon of soy or sunflower
- Add ½ cup of cold water, cannabis-infused coconut oil, and sunflower to a pot.
- Place on a stove and set to low heat.
- Stir the mixture until its texture becomes consistent.
- Add flavored and unflavored gelatin and keep stirring.
- Keep the mixture on heat for 15 minutes and whisk it from time to time to stop it from coming to a boil.
- Use a strainer to remove any undissolved gelatin and impurities.
- Fill the gummy molds one by one using a dropper
- When the mold is full, place it in a freezer for about 20 minutes.
Just like that! And you have successfully made yourself some CBD gummies. The best way to store these delicious treats is by refrigeration.