The popularity of cannabidiol is growing every day. This is thanks to its advantageous properties and ease of use. CBD is one of the hemp plant compounds which has a lot of beneficial properties and can be used to treat numerous health issues. In addition, it is not psychoactive which means that there are no negative effects on the human’s mental state of being.
The manufactures are doing their best to meet every possible demand from the customers` side, so it is produced in different forms. For example, it can be isolates, foods, topicals, and even such forms as CBD essential oil.
This review will provide explanations on how cannabidiol works, what its effects and side effects are. You will also find some options for its usage.
What is CBD Essential Oil
As mentioned above CBD is one of the substances of the hemp plant. Lots of essential oils are produced through the steam distillation process. Essential CBD is manufactured from the herb with the help of another method which is the CO2 extraction. Due to this approach, the plant is soaked into alcohol. The extraction is considered to be clean and pure because it leaves no residue.
The resulting product contains trace amounts of THC as well, but the compound does not exceed 0.3 percent. Essential products made by different companies contain different amounts of CBD. Consequently, the consumers should mind this too when choosing one.
How does CBD essential oil work
CBD essential oil therapeutic properties are attributed to such ingredients as cannabinoids and terpenes. CBD is unique as it interacts with the endocannabinoid system inside the human body. That is why there is such a wide range of healing properties.
Endocannabinoid system plays a crucial part in regulating a lot of functions within the human body, some of which are:
- the inflammatory system;
- immune function;
- reproductive function;
The system includes two receptors which are CB1– found throughout the central nervous system and the brain, and CB2 – the immune system. CB1 receptors are mainly associated with reward and pleasure pathways, while CB2 can be found on the blood cells surface within the body, involving vital organs, muscles, and skin. These receptors are also connected with the inflammatory system control.
Thanks to the ability to trigger the endocannabinoid system and the CB1 and CB2 receptors, it can treat depression, anxiety, chronic muscle and bone pain, autoimmune disorders, inflammation, and even epilepsy and cancer.
Essential CBD oil is considered to be relatively safe but it is still a medication so the consumers should also take it accurately and in a small dosage to see if their state improves. The maximum dosage can be up to 1,000 mg per day. It is a doctor to decide, though, if the consumers should take marijuana essential oil and what the dosage should be.
Another question is if it can get people “high” as it includes some THC. The amount of this compound is too low; consequently, such an effect should not occur.
Moreover, consumers will not fail a drug test, and even if the test is positive due to the high dosage, the result will be considered as false positive. Hence, there is no need to worry about that.
Types and differences of essential CBD Oil
The manufacturers receive products that contain a bit different amounts of CBD and THC. Moreover, the concentration of cannabidiol is different as well. This is what the consumers should know before they decide which to buy because there is a wide range of companies in the market. In addition to that, it can include some flavors as the natural taste of cannabidiol may be unpleasant. The following products are regarded as the best ones:
- Mana Artisan Botanics Hemp oil – contains 300 mg of CBD per 30 ml bottle. CBD infused oil can include either coconut or macadamia nut oils. There are also two types of flavors;
- Zion Medicinals Organic Spagyric Full Spectrum Hemp oil – the content of CBD makes up 250 mg per 30 ml. The manufacturers produce it with no flavors so consumers who like natural things should love it. Besides hemp oil, it contains fractionated coconut oil;
- Eureka Effects Full Spectrum CBD – it contains 500 mg of CBD per 30 ml. It is not infused in any other oil and has no flavors as well. The product is lab-tested and reliable;
- Veritas Farms Full Spectrum CBD Tinсture – the CBD content is 250 mg per 30 and can be unflavoured or flavored. This essential CBD tincture is third-party tested and the results can be found on the Internet;
- Flora Sophia Botanicals Full Spectrum Hemp Extract – obtains 800 mg per 30 ml bottle. In addition to the organic hemp oil, it contains vitamin E and organic MTC oil. It is also unflavoured;
- Sisters of the valley CBD infused oil – the oil contains 130 mg of CBD per 15 ml. The price of the product is affordable hence the product can be a good option. Although there are no flavors, there are such ingredients as coconut and orange essential oil.
Any consumer can find more kinds of products on the Internet. The important thing to remember is that the manufacturer must be reliable, so people should check the lab test results before they purchase any oil.
How to use CBD essential oil
CBD is a good option for the consumers as it is not hard to use it at home, and there are many ways of using it. The oils can be taken orally or absorbed by the skin. At the same time, aromatherapy can be performed in several ways as well which depends on the customers` lifestyle, the time they have, and the facilities they obtain. Here are a few methods of using:
- They can have a bath with a few drops of the essential CBD. In this case, the substance will not only be absorbed by the skin but inhaled as well.
- The consumers can add some oil to their favorite lotion or cream, and it will become a part of their daily routine.
- People may add oil to almost any beverage. If they are not fond of the natural taste, they should love this option because it will not be so obvious.
What are the Benefits of CBD essential oil
Although there are different variations of products, CBD essential oil is one of the top ones. There are several reasons for that, some of which are:
- Ease of use. The oil is an advantageous option because it is not difficult to understand how to use it. Even those consumers who have never dealt with such oils before can figure out how to utilize it.
- It is easy to intake the proper dosage. While it can be confusing to find out how much should be taken when it comes to the other forms of the product, this should not happen in the case of CBD.
- Variety of consumption methods. CBD essential oil can be used in several ways, so the consumers are free to pick the most enjoyable one.
- It can be used to treat such skin problems as acne. Some forms cannot be utilized for this purpose. The consumers should remember, though, that it is too concentrated. This means that it is not advised to apply the pure oil on the skin – they are to mix it with something else.
The listed above advantages are just a few of many benefits of utilizing essential oil.
Effects of CBD essential oil
The products that contain CBD compound, obtain numerous amazing effects. It is hard to believe, but this medication can be used to treat completely different maladies, for example, schizophrenia and cancer. Here are some effects:
- Relieves inflammation and chronic pain.
- Calms epilepsy.
- It lowers blood pressure so it can prevent heart attack and treat heart diseases.
- Slows down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Manages depression and anxiety. This part also involves a panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and more.
- Reduces oxidative stress, which means that it contains antioxidants, minimizes neurological damage, caused by free radicals.
- Treats heart diseases through reducing the cholesterol level, artery blockage and stress-induced cardiovascular response.
- Manages multi-drug resistant bacteria so it can slow down the tuberculosis progression.
- Treats type 1 diabetes.
- Can manage schizophrenia and other serious mental illnesses.
- Fights specific kinds of cancer. It implies that these products can prevent the spread of cancer in addition to symptom relief.
These are not all the effects that CBD obtains. For example, CBD oil can also help in the case of essential tremors. Recent researches as well as the results of lab tests can be easily found on the Internet, so anyone can get acquainted with them.
Side effects of CBD essential oil
Generally, the consumers of essential CBD do not face any side effects. Some of them still claim, that it makes them sleepy or lowers blood pressure. As CBD acts on the receptors in the skin, the users may notice dry skin after utilizing it. A thorough review, though, showed that essential oil cannot affect:
- heart rate;
- sensory perception;
- awareness, alertness;
- food intake.
At the same time, there are the results that show, that extremely high doses taken daily can affect liver metabolism and fertility. It is also advised for pregnant and breastfeeding women to avoid CBD essential oil and other forms of the product, because the researches have not been finished yet, and there is no definite answer whether they are allowed or not.
The consumers are also advised to intake small doses at first, to check how the body would react. If they do not notice any side effects, they can increase the amount gradually. Even if such things as diarrhea, drowsiness, and dizziness appeared, they should be gone after some time.
People who opt for purchasing and using CBD essential oil should consult a doctor in the first place and get a prescription. Every case is different and may require a different dosage as well as treatment.
- Can I use CBD to treat my pet?
It is possible to use it for many conditions pets can have, such as pain, inflammation, seizures, etc. The dosage should be smaller than for humans. It is recommended to talk to a veterinarian before giving CBD to pets.
- Can I overdose on CBD?
High doses are safe and will not cause a fatal overdose. However, if the consumers take too much of the product, the chance of side effects increases.
- Is a Certificate of Analysis crucial?
This certificate is produced when a lab tests the product. Due to it, the amount of CBD is shown, as well as the presence of any terpenes. They also test products to make sure they do not include any heavy metals.
- Will I have any law issues if I consume essential oil?
Currently, it is legal in many countries worldwide while it is forbidden in some. Before you purchase it, you should get acquainted with the laws for where you live.
- Is essential oil addictive?
Like other forms of products, it is non-addictive. As a matter of fact, they use CBD as means of breaking addictions to harmful substances.
If you ever decide to consume CBD to treat any kind of health issue, you should consider essential CBD oil as an ideal option. The product has vast advantages and very few disadvantages. It can be used by anyone in the most enjoyable way as there are numerous ways of consuming it. Essential CBD obtains side effects that are not significant and may never occur. At the same time, it is a strong medication that can treat serious diseases. The product can even be utilized to treat pets. It seems like CBD is the panacea for all illnesses.