By now, you’ve probably heard of cannabinoid (CBD). CBD gets a lot of attention from the nutraceutical, cosmetic, and medical industries because it can be used to cure or prevent conditions such as epilepsy, anxiety, chronic pain, diabetes, depression, and more.
CBD crystals are fairly new to the market, and so this article will introduce you to what they are, and how to properly dose and use them.
What Are CBD Crystals?
Hemp and marijuana belong to the Cannabis family. CBD is one of the compounds found in the cannabis plant. As such, CBD crystals are made when CBD is extracted from hemp using supercritical carbon dioxide or organic solvent. This extracted CBD is taken through a dewaxing process before its purified. The purification process known as chromatography allows the CBD crystals to attain 99% CBD purity. Hence, it is the cleanest and purest form of CBD extraction available in the market. They don’t contain THC. They are also tasteless and odorless.
How Do CBD Crystals Work?
So, we know how to extract CBD crystals. But how do they work? The primary purpose of developing crystals is to give people control over the amount they can consume. The CBD isolate found in pure CBD crystals will have varying effects on the body. The endocannabinoid system is the large self-regulatory system in the body, which interacts with CBD when it enters your body. This system plays an essential physiological role related to your central and peripheral nervous system and your immune system.
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is made up of CB1 and CB2 receptors. The CB2 receptors work on distribution throughout the body, while CB1 receptors are located within the central nervous system and the human brain. The Cannabidiol interacts with these specialized receptors. By acting on these targeted receptors, the CBD crystals help coordinate and regulate many effects that influence how we feel, think, and function.
It also acts on other receptors like independent pathways by delaying the reuptake of endogenous neurotransmitters and enhancing the binding action of specific G-protein coupled receptors. These G-coupled protein receptors are involved in many key aspects of biological and neurological processes, such as anxiety, sleep, pain perception, addiction, vomiting, nausea, appetite, and more. For instance, the high concentration of Cannabinoids directly activates the hydroxytryptamine serotonin receptor, which confers an anti-anxiety effect.
CBD also interacts with various ion channels to give a therapeutic effect. For example, it will bind to Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel Subfamily V (TRPV1) receptors, which are known to mediate pain perception, inflammation, and body temperature. TRPV1 is also considered a Vanilloid Receptor, which contains eugenol- essential oil with antiseptic and analgesic properties. It also helps to unclog blood vessels.
GPR55, orphan receptors promote cancer cell proliferation when activated. It acts as an antagonist that deactivated GPR55. By deactivating GPR55, CBD helps in decreasing bone reabsorption and cancer cell proliferation. At the moment, experts are still probing for more therapeutic impacts of it on the body.
Difference types of CBD crystals
The two main products sold in the market include full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate. People usually refer to CBD oil when referring to full-spectrum, which contains other cannabinoids aside from CBD. However, there are three major types of CBD that people consume; Full-spectrum, Broad-spectrum, and isolate. Let’s dive in to find out which form is right for you.
CBD extracted from industrial hemp has been found to contain less THC (only 0.3%), which is not enough quantity to give a high sensation. CBD from marijuana contains higher amounts of THC and may be less safe for use than that of industrial hemp. Also, Full-spectrum CBD combines cannabinoids, vitamins, nutrients, and terpenes in a balanced proportion for improving health.
The isolate is another form that is concerned with using only high-quality CBD without necessarily adding as much nutrient as found in full-spectrum. They are usually obtained as pure CBD crystals via precise laboratory techniques. Due to the additional benefits and increased efficacy they prefer CBD isolates.
There is also the Broad-spectrum CBD, which does not have any detectable quantity of THC. However, it contains all the phytocannabinoids found in the source plant.
Nano CBD is made by compressing CBD molecules into very small sizes and liquefying them. This helps it to penetrate the skin better, especially when it is used for skin treatment.
Since there is a THC level limit of 0.2% in most countries, you may find some Full Spectrum CBD with low THC levels and high CBD content. The main reason why some people prefer to consume crystals rather than full-spectrum is that it doesn’t have mind-altering abilities and many benefits for well-being.
How to Use CBD Crystals?
Here are the most common consumption methods of CBD crystals:
- Dabbing– This is when you melt it and inhale the cloud of vapor. If you want to dab, you’ll need some accessories such as a dab rig, a torch lighter, a dabbing tool, and the CBD crystals.
- Dissolve under tongue– Hold the CBD crystals under your tongue for up to 90 seconds to allow the cannabinoid to get into your bloodstream, causing the effects to happen almost immediately.
- Vaping– You’ll need a good vaporizer, which has been designed for use with concentrates. Remember; don’t heat the CBD isolate crystals too much as it will introduce carcinogens and benzenes.
- Add to a smoking product– Put them on top of a bowl with cannabis or sprinkle some in a joint and smoke it.
- Mix with vape liquid– You can mix CBD concentrate with your favorite vape liquid. Shake to dissolve the crystals before consuming it. However, you should note that there are health risks associated with this consumption.
- Make edibles– Similar to cannabis, you can infuse CBD into coconut oil or butter. Melt the butter or oil on a low temperature and add the concentrate. Stir until they are fully dissolved, and pair with other ingredients in your recipe.
- Mix with a carrier oil– You can either use hemp, olive, or coconut oil. Heat the mixture for about ten minutes to blend them.
Benefits of CBD Crystals
The way that CBD isolate crystals benefit our bodies varies in every individual. However, CBD products are known to be good remedies for many health conditions. Here are some of the benefits:
- It provides relief from chronic pain and inflammation- People suffering from chronic pain as a result of fibromyalgia experience relief after taking it.
- It calms epilepsy- CBD has anti-seizure properties. This means that it can help limit the effects of drug-resistant types of neurological disorders such as epilepsy.
- It helps reduce anxiety and depression- Although doctors generally recommend people suffering from chronic anxiety to stay away from cannabis (a non-psychoactive compound), CBD helps in reducing anxiety.
- It helps reduce oxidative stress- It has antioxidant and neuroprotective properties, which help reduce neurological damage.
- It helps treat heart ailments- People treated with CBD products have reported low blood pressure before and after experiencing a stressful event.
- It helps fight multi-drug resistant bacteria- Pure CBD crystals have properties that can slow the progression of tuberculosis by inhibiting T-cell proliferation.
- It treats type-1 diabetes- Just as it helps combat inflammation, it may also ease inflammation in the pancreas, and protect against the development of type-1 diabetes.
- It helps with treating schizophrenia- It is safe and effective at treating psychosis and help reduce hallucinations.
- It can treat skin conditions- It helps lower the production of sebum, which means it has a high-potential of treating skin conditions such as eczema.
- It can help fight addiction.
- It plays a role in treating cancer.
- It can also prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
Effects of CBD Crystals
When you consume CBD for the first time, you can expect to feel a rush of blood to your head. Taking pure CBD crystals for the first time may also induce some coughing. CBD crystals effects are wide-ranging. For example, if you were feeling an ache or pain before taking it, you’ll start to notice relief faster than using other CBD edibles or capsules. When you take CBD to isolate crystals, the cannabinoids are sent straight to your bloodstream fast and effectively.
It is most popular for providing a sense of relief from anxiety. They relieve you from anxiety by helping you reclaim your body’s natural balance. This effect happens even when the anxiety is caused by feeding on edible or smoking a lot of marijuana. Taking it can help you get your balance back.
The stimulation of the endocannabinoid system through its interaction with CBD supports the efficiency of ECS to provide greater balance and optimal functioning. It will also help improve sleep disorders, seizures, and other behavioral conditions.
Side Effects of CBD Crystals
At the moment, multiple studies have been conducted to uncover the side effects and adverse reactions to the body. When CBD isolate crystals are taken by mouth or sprayed under the tongue inappropriately for extended periods, the reported side-effects include dry mouth, low blood pressure, lightheadedness, and drowsiness. Some patients also reported signs of liver injury. There isn’t enough reliable information concerning the side-effects of applying pure CBD crystals to the skin.
It might be possibly unsafe for use when someone is pregnant or breastfeeding. All Cannabidiol products may be harmful to the fetus or infant, thus to stay on the safe side, avoid it. For children, a prescription of Cannabidiol is possibly safe when taken by the mouth. Doses above 10mg/kg daily might cause side-effects.
People living with liver disease might need to take lower doses of Cannabidiol. Moreover, people with Parkinson’s disease should also take caution with these products. Early research suggests that high doses may cause muscle movements and tremors to be much worse for people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Are CBD crystals useful for everyone?
Yes. CBD products are usually safe for everyone. However, if you are expectant, it may cause adverse side-effects to your body, and that of your unborn child.
- What’s the difference between CBD Isolates and Crystals?
If you’re wondering about the difference between CBD crystals and isolates, then the isolates might contain trace amounts of cannabinoids other than CBD. This cannabinoids could be a chemical known as terpenes. However, this chemical is usually removed during the production process of crystals.
- Can you snort CBD crystals?
Yes. You can. You will find snorting products, which allow you to snort it and other products.
- How do you use CBD isolate crystals?
The most popular and easiest way of ingesting CBD isolate crystals into your body is through dabbing. You can measure the number of crystals you’ll need to put under your tongue by using a kitchen scale or eyeballing. However, this method is a lot less accurate when you are trying to control the amount you wish to ingest. The crystals dissolve easier than mixing with a drink.
- How to make CBD crystals?
They are made from Hemp flowers that contain a high degree of CBD. The plant is heated, cooled, and then divided repeatedly. A seed blanket is added to the solution, and a cleaner pump to remove contaminants. The crystals develop soon after.
- How to vape CBD crystals?
Vaping CBD crystals is a lot like dabbing. You only don’t need dabbing accessories; instead, you just need a vaporizer. Place them into the vaporizer and heat them until they become vapor. However, you’ll need a specific vaporizer for using it since herbal vaporizer doesn’t work.
Research on the potential health benefits of CBD is still on-going. However, preliminary CBD crystals results show that CBD oils do help in many health issues. CBD alone is not the best way to stay healthy, but it can be part of your effort to tackle illness and maintain good health.
As more therapeutic benefits are understood, people will start to use it for more benefits, from its anti-inflammatory effects to suppressing appetite. It has the potential to change the way people take care of themselves in the future.